Must Be Democrat Crean Lutheran fires boys basketball coach Josh Beaty one month after winning CIF title
Jebus Kriste
2018-04-11 20:52:37 UTC
Crean Lutheran on Tuesday fired boys basketball coach Josh
Beaty, who coached the Saints to a CIF-Southern Section
championship last month.

Crean Lutheran, a coed private school in Irvine, might be close
to announcing a replacement.

Orange Lutheran assistant coach Eric Klitzing appears to be at
or near the top of Crean’s list of candidates.

Beaty said he did not see his exit coming. He met Tuesday with
school administrators who informed him of his dismissal.

“I was told that my coaching style was not in line with their
mission,” Beaty said. “I asked for specifics but I did not get
any specifics.”

As Orange County boys basketball coaches go, Beaty is among the
more relaxed coaches on the sideline during games.

Crean Lutheran emailed to school parents notification of Beaty’s
removal. The email included: “After much reflection and prayer,
and forever in pursuit of our mission, the decision has been
made to make a change to the Boys Basketball coaching staff.
Coach Josh Beaty will no longer serve as head coach. This news
may come as a surprise to some families as the varsity team had
a successful season … “

Crean Lutheran athletic director Eric Olson did not immediately
reply to requests for comment.

The 2017-18 season was Beaty’s fifth as Crean’s coach. The
Saints finished 24-10 overall and went 12-0 in the Academy
League to win the league championship.

Crean Lutheran strung together a couple of upsets in the CIF-SS
Division 3AA playoffs, including a double-overtime road win over
state-ranked St. Anthony of Long Beach in the semifinals before
beating Knight of Palmdale 62-61 in the championship game. It
was the school’s first CIF-SS boys basketball championship.

The Saints got their first state tournament win in a victory
over Orange Glen of Escondido before losing to Murrieta Mesa in
the second round of the CIF Southern California Regionals.

Beaty, 38, last week was named CIF-SS Division 3AA coach of the
year, an award that usually goes to the division’s championship
coach. He was among the finalists for the JSerra coaching
position that went to UC Riverside assistant coach Keith
Wilkinson.

Beaty is a history teacher at Crean Lutheran.

Comments:

SoCalGreg2014 • 4 hours ago
Private school (tuition of $15k/year), so I am guessing that the
parents of one or more of the kids that did not play much are
also some of the school's biggest boosters, so it's the coach's
fault. We'll see what really happened in the coming weeks, I'm
sure, but my bet is unrealistic parents of entitled, spoiled non-
athletic kids looking to blame somebody else for their child's
"perceived" shortcomings...

8
•Reply•Share ›
Show 1 new reply
Areyou Solame • 13 hours ago
This article very clearly shows that CREAN is headed by lame-
o's. By asking for information/clarity and not getting any from
CREAN staff/administration, it shows that they've done something
where likely the reasons are embarrassing to CREAN. If Coach
Beaty had done something wrong, the school would have trumpeted
it from the rooftops to give their decision some validity, or at
least had someone leak it to the news so they couldn't be sued
for defamation. They have not done either, so the rest of us are
left to guess: I'll bet that someone in the administration has a
bother in law or some friend who needs a coaching job and so
regardless of how awesome Beaty is, he had to go to make way for
someone else.

6
•Reply•Share ›
-
OC21 Areyou Solame • 2 hours ago
My thoughts exactly. We should look for the connection between
Eric Olson and Eric Klitzing.

2
•Reply•Share ›
BulwinkleMoose Areyou Solame • 4 hours ago
Not that I disagree with you, however remember we're only
hearing one side of the situation. Only he knows what he was
told in that meeting.

•Reply•Share ›
Show 1 new reply
LFOldTimer • 15 hours ago
My guess is politics.

How could you fire a guy who brought the BB team and the school
to it's very first CIF-SS championship?

Congratulations on a very successful season, Mr. Beaty. A
remarkable job. Go find a new coaching job. You have talent.
Don't waste it.

No good deed goes unpunished.

4
•Reply•Share ›
Daniel James Mixon LFOldTimer • 3 hours ago
Good luck to coach Beaty, maybe he can get a job at a legitimate
school!

1
•Reply•Share ›
-
talis2469 • 17 hours ago
So...he's fired as the coach but is STILL a teacher there?

Must make for some interesting staff meetings.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/04/10/crean-lutheran-fires-coach-
one-month-after-winning-cif-title/
Pat
2018-04-12 08:02:36 UTC
In article <***@dizum.com>

Attn: Beneficiary,

We wish to inform $8.8 Million United States Dollars misplaced your
address and he is currently stranded at your International airport
now. We required you reconfirm the following information below so that
he can deliver your consignment box to you today.

NAME: ==================
COUNTRY ==================
CITY==================
HOME ADDRESS: ===============
MOBILE NO.:=============
NAME OF YOUR NEAREST AIRPORT:========
A COPY OF YOUR IDENTIFICATION :===============

Please do contact the diplomatic agent with the email below with the
information required.

Contact Person : Agent Jeffer Karen
EMAIL;/***@yahoo.com
He is waiting to hear from you today with the information.

NOTE : The Diplomatic agent does not know that the content of the
consignment box is $8.8 Millions United States Dollars and on no
circumstances should you let him know the content. The consignments
was moved from here as family treasures, so never allow him to open
the box.

Regard Thanks.

Dr Williams Pat
***@yahoo.com